When I think of a baby shower, rubber ducks come to mind. I have been to a few baby showers with a rubber duck theme and love this theme so much. It is adorable and perfect for helping celebrate that mama-to-be and her future little one. I’m happy you have picked or are considering a Rubber Duck baby shower! I have gathered the most adorable rubber duck baby shower ideas and items for you to throw a ducktastic party.
Rubber Duck Baby Shower Invitations
The first impression of any party is the invitation. We want to ensure the details are clear with the date, beginning and end time (don’t need guests overstaying their welcome), location, and information on how to RSVP. I’ve included a variety of invitations to kick off your little one’s party!
Rubber Duck Pre-made Invitations
Pre-made invitations are an easy way to go. These allow you to fill in the specific information for your party. One of the biggest pros to this type of invitation is you don’t have to worry about getting it printed from a store. Instead, you can order them, fill out the information, and mail them to your invitees.
If you want to add many additional details, this might not be the best option since there is little room for further information. In that case, consider one of the personalized invites in the next section.
Rubber Duck Personalized Invitations
Make your card a little more personalized with these invites. This is probably my favorite option because it is the most convenient for my busy life as a mom. I like how I can personalize it with all the details and then order it and have it shipped to my house, and I don’t have to go through a store to order it.
Rubber Duck Printable Personalized Invitations
With a printable personalized invitation, you can order the templates and print them at home or at your local print store. I love how adorable they are, and you can personalize them to your liking, but printing them can be a hassle.
If you have a nice printer at home and card stock paper, you can print them from your home, but if you do not have those accessible, you would need to find a local store or one online that will print and ship to your house. I usually use my local CVS or Staples.
I find this option takes the most time because you have to upload the document to the store’s online printing center, order them to be printed, and either pick them up in the store or have them shipped to your house. Therefore, this is the more costly of the three invitation options.
Rubber Duck Baby Shower Supplies and Decorations
I love decorating for parties and have found some adorable decorations for you to display at the Rubber Duck baby shower. I also included supplies for your food and drinks!
Rubber Duck Balloons
You have to admit. Balloons do add the perfect touch to the party decorations. I would suggest getting a helium tank to blow the balloons up. But, of course, you can always go the old fashion way and blow them up with your mouth. But, they won’t float, so you’ll have to get creative in how you hang them.
- Rubber Duck Balloon Arch: I love a balloon arch, and the kits make it much easier to make than it looks. Just be prepared that it does take some time to build. If this is your first balloon arch, I would give yourself 2 hours to make it, and I highly recommend a balloon pump. This is the one I use (balloon pump).
- Giant Rubber Duck Balloons: These large duck balloons are adorable and would make any mama-to-be smile.
- Solid Colored Balloons: If you are looking for solid balloons to add, these are great ones you can blow up on your own or add helium to.
Rubber Duck Garland
Rubber Duck Centerpieces
I sometimes go all out with DIY centerpieces, but other times I keep it simple. It’s up to you. If you want to keep it simple, here are some great options.
Here are the steps to make an adorable DIY centerpiece
- Use transparent plastic bowls
- Fill the bowls with blue dyed water (Dye the water using blue food coloring. If you want to get a bubble effect, then use tiny clear plastic balls, water beads, or gelatin-like crystals, which are available at craft stores)
- Add floating rubber ducks or floating duck candles.
I like putting these boxes near the entrance or gift area of the party. They are great because you can personalize them with your party’s theme colors by adding balloons to the boxes. You can also add battery-powered string lights for a little extra touch!
Rubber Duck Tablecloth
Finding a tablecloth that will complement the centerpieces and decorations on your table is important. I suggest sprinkling an assortment of yellow duckies and set the table with the appropriate number of duck-themed plates, utensils, cups, and napkins on this tablecloth.
I also love to get large rolls of a solid color and use them for other parties in the future. So here are some solid tablecloths you can pick up.
Rubber Duck Tableware
You can’t have a baby shower without food and will need something to serve that food on, so how about these adorable tableware sets?
You can’t have a rubber duck party without some rubber ducks. I suggest purchasing a larger quantity and using them for games and decorations.
Rubber Duck Baby Shower Activities and Games
Having activities and games for the guests to participate in during the party always adds great entertainment and engages everyone. An entire group activity game is always fun at a baby shower, but having little stations they can do throughout the party is great for creating memories.
Set up a Photo Booth
Everyone loves props for those memorable pictures, so why not set up a photo booth with props for the guests to take pictures? Having a polaroid camera is always fun, and I love having pictures to give to the mama-to-be at the end of the party since she is not focusing on taking photographs during her day.
Guess the Number of Ducks in a Jar
Game Variety Pack Printables
Here are some great game ideas that are Rubber Duck themed. You can pick from various options, download 5 different printouts, and then have them printed at your local print store (I use Staples or CVS).
Rubber Duck Carnival Prize Game
This game is like what you would find at a carnival and adorable for your baby shower. This one is about as easy as they come for baby shower games. It’s a carnival game turned baby shower game! The rubber duck game is a fun door prize game. Draw some stars on the bottom of a few ducks. As the guests arrive, have them turn over a duck. If theirs has a star, they win a small prize!
Find the Ducks
This game is a great game to have guests play throwout the party. You will need to get the ducks ready before the event. Also, make sure you have enough small gifts for each guest. You can determine what you want to spend on the gifts, but I suggest $1-$5 for the smaller gifts, and then include a couple of nicer gifts. This could include candy, lottery tickets, candles, bath and body products, $5 gift cards to Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts, or even larger gift cards to Target, Amazon, or other popular stores.
“Find the Ducks” game directions.
- Get a rubber duck for each guest. There should be an equal number of ducks to the number of guests at the party.
- Write a number on the bottom of every duck.
- Write the numbers on paper and specify a prize next to each number.
- Place the ducks around the baby shower venue.
- Tell your guests to search the venue until they find a rubber duck. Each guest can only get one duck.
- The guests can trade the rubber duck throughout the party or keep the one they found.
- At the end of the party, give out prizes based on the number on the bottom of each rubber ducky.
Rubber Duck Baby Shower Food and Drinks
I love my food, so when I throw a party, I always think about the food and usually go overboard, but at least it makes me happy! I have made cakes and cupcakes but also have ordered them. Honestly, that is up to you and what you want to do. I find cakes can take a long time, so when I know I will be busy and have a lot of other things I want to make for the party, I outsource the cake or cupcakes.
Cakes and Cupcakes
If you plan to decorate your cake, here are some great toppers for a cake or cupcake.
Here are 130 rubber duck cake designs to choose from. It is noted they are for a birthday party, but you could easily use them for a baby shower.
I always like to plan the food around the party’s theme and thought these ideas would be great for the guest to enjoy.
- Cheese and Quackers: You pick the cheese and crackers, but I suggest getting a small duck cookie cutter and cutting cheese slices to be a duck!
- Duck Punch: You can serve in a fancy bowl or even a baby bathtub. Here is a great punch recipe, then add some ducks to float.
Rubber Duck Baby Shower Gift Ideas
I always love to purchase a gift that is the theme of the baby shower or the nursery. My baby shower was the same theme as my nursery, so I loved having outfits, books, and toys gifted that were the same theme.
- Baby Duckling Onesie Bundle: If you want to splurge on an adorable outfit, this one from Anthropology is just for you.
- I love doing a bath set for the baby-to-be and including a robe that is the theme of the baby shower or nursery. So here is a super cute duck robe.
- This is the cutest little romper for a girl that is duck themed.
- My daughter loved her WubbaNub pacifiers, so I had to add the duck pacifier here and the adorable duck lovey.
- If you are looking for a book to give (some baby showers will ask for a book instead of a card), here are some great duck themed books.
Rubber Duck Baby Shower Party Favors
For my baby shower, my sister, sister-in-law, mother, and mother-in-law all got together and made soap a couple of weeks before my shower. It was nice getting to hang out with them, but also I enjoyed making soap. It was a big hit, and I had people say how much they loved it!
For a rubber duck-themed baby shower making soap in the shape of a rubber duck would be adorable. Here is a recipe, ingredients, and molds (you could also make chocolates with these if soap isn’t your thing)
Links to items you need:
- Mini Duck Mold for DIY Party Favor
- Goat Milk Soap Base
- Lemon Essential Oil ( if you would like a different flavor, then use a different essential oil and don’t add lemon zest)
- Rectangle Soap Molds
Rubber Duck Baby Shower Thank you Cards
During the party, if I cannot write in a notebook the gifts given to the mama-to-be, I typically ask a relative to do so. Then at the end, I give it to the mama-to-be!
- Rubber Duck Notebook: If you are looking for a basic notebook that is duck themed, then this one is perfect. I like to have a simple lined one, so I have room to write as much as I need and don’t feel like I don’t have enough room trying to jam it into a template-specific notebook.
- Baby Shower Gift Book: If you want something that is for a baby shower and does include the specific template with date, gift received, given by, and thank you sent section. I find the area to write the gifts is small, but I suppose you can use the next few lines if needed. I am a very neat person who gets anxious around things like that.
Thank You Cards
The mama-to-be may want to get her own thank you cards, but it is always nice to have some gifted as well.
- Simple Duck Blank Card: I love the simplicity of these.
- Rubber Duck Thank You Cards: This one says thank you on it and is rubber duck themed.
- Printable Thank You Cards for a Girl: If you are looking for an instant download with an adorable rubber duck for a girl that you can print from home, this one from Etsy is perfect!
- Rubber Duck Printable Thank You Cards: Another cute printable thank you for either a boy, girl, or neutral baby shower would be this printable.
I hope all these wonderful ideas help you with your Rubber Duck themed baby shower.