So I am not surprised that you have come here to get all the information on throwing a Baby Shark birthday party for your little one. I have gathered the best Baby Shark party ideas and items to help you throw a fin-tastic party for your little one.
Baby Shark has made quite the viral splash in households everywhere. I must admit I have caught myself humming the tune around the house on more than one occasion after my 2-year-old has been watching the Baby Shark video.
The Quick Supplies List for a Baby Shark Party
This article goes into a lot of detail on how to throw an awesome baby shark party, but if you are planning last minute, or you just want the top 8 ideas for a baby shark party, then this quick hit list is for you. However, if you are looking for baby shark-themed games, food, family outfits, and more decor and options, you will want to check out the additional information below.
- Baby Shark Invitation
- Baby Shark, Two, Two, Two Balloons
- Baby Shark Welcome Banner
- Plates, Napkins, Cup, Table cloth, and Silverware Bundle
- Baby Shark Piñata
- Baby Shark Happy Birthday Cake Topper
- Entire Kit for Baby Shark Favors
- Baby Shark Fill-in Thank You Card
Baby Shark Birthday Party Theme Colors
When planning a party, one of the first steps after determining the theme is picking the colors. For a Baby Shark Party, if you want traditional colors, use blue as the primary color and yellow, orange, pink, and green as accent colors.
If you want to have more of a girl color scheme, then the primary color would be pink, and the other colors would be accent colors.
For a two-year-old, a great play on words for this theme is Baby Shark, two, two, two!
Baby Shark Party Invitations
The first impression of any party is the invitation. We want to ensure the details are clear with the date, beginning and end time (don’t need guests overstaying their welcome), location, and information to RSVP. I have included a variety of invitations to kick off your little one’s party!
Baby Shark Pre-made Invitation
One option for invitation is to purchase pre-made ones. These allow you to just fill in the specific information for your party. One of the biggest pros to this type of invitation is you don’t have to worry about getting it printed from a store. You can just order them, fill out the information, and mail them to your invitees. If you want to add a lot of additional details, the pre-made invites might not be the best option since there is little room for additional information. In that case, I would suggest one of the personalized invites in the next section.
Printable Personalized Invitations
With this type of invitation, you can order the templates and print them at home or your local print store. I love how adorable they are, and you can personalize them to your liking, but printing them can be a hassle. If you have a nice printer at home and card stock paper, you can print them from your home, but if you do not have those accessible, you would need to find a local store or one online that will print and ship to your house.
I usually use my local CVS or Staples. I find this option takes the most time because you have to upload the document to the store’s online printing center and order them to be printed and either pick them up in the store or have them shipped to your house. This option I find to cost the most out of the three options.
Baby Shark Decorations and Supplies:
I love decorating for my kids’ birthdays and have found some adorable decorations for you to display at your party. I also included supplies for your food and drinks!
My kids love balloons, and you must admit they really do add the perfect touch to the party decorations. I would suggest getting a helium tank to blow the balloons up, but I know they will work if you also blow them up. They just will not float, so you will have to get creative in how you hang them.
- Baby Shark Balloon Kit: You can’t go wrong with purchasing a whole balloon kit. I love how this one comes with a balloon sign as well!
- Large Baby Shark Balloons: These giant baby shark balloons are adorable and would make any kiddo smile.
- Blue Balloons Arch Kit: I love a balloon arch, and the kits make it so much easier than it looks. Just know it does take some time. If this is your first balloon arch, I would give yourself 2 hours to make it, and I highly recommend a balloon pump. This is the one I use (balloon pump).
- Pink Baby Shark Balloons and Decorations: If you are looking for something with more pink, this is a great option. It even includes a cake topper and cupcake toppers!
If your party is at your home, you may not feel the need for a banner. However, if you are throwing a party at a park or other location, I highly recommend a banner so your guests know they are in the right spot. You can welcome your guest with this adorable banner. It is customized with your little one’s name!
I sometimes go all out with DIY centerpieces, but other times I like to keep it simple. It’s up to you, but if you want to keep it simple, here is a shark fin centerpiece.
I sometimes go all out with DIY centerpieces, but other times keep it simple. It is up to you, but if you want to keep it simple, here is a great shark fin centerpiece.
Plates, Napkins, and Cups
You can’t have a party without food, and you will need something to serve that food on, so how about these adorable plates and napkins? If you feel like it may be a little too much baby shark theme, you can always just order a solid color for the plates and silverware.
Finding a tablecloth that will complement the centerpieces and decorations you place on the table is important.
Baby Shark Table Cloth: Here is a baby shark-specific tablecloth.
Solid Table Cloths: I also love to get large rolls of a solid color and use them for other parties in the future. If you get a blue roll, you could also use it for the Walk the Plank activity below!
Baby Shark Party Activities & Games
Having activities and games for the guest to participate in during the party always adds excellent entertainment. I have held parties where everyone participates in the same activity simultaneously, but I’ve also done stations with different activities for the guest to rotate through.
With younger kids, I have found stations to be the most successful since there are smaller groups at each, and they have more opportunities to participate and stay engaged in the activity longer.
Here are some activities I found that would be great for a Baby Shark Party!
- Baby Shark Bubble Machine: Bubbles are always a hit with my kids, so a Baby Shark Bubble Machine would keep them having fun throughout the party.
- Pin the Teeth on the Shark Game: “Pin the teeth on the shark” is a fun game in which kids of all ages can participate.
- Shark Photo Booth: I’m awful at capturing pictures at my kids’ birthday parties, so when I saw this photo booth, I thought it would be a great way to get pictures of all the party guests!
- Ocean Toss Game is a fun game for kids of all ages. It includes a banner, ribbons to tie the banner, and bean bags.
- Baby Shark Piñata: I love a piñata at any party with kids. Here is a perfect one for a baby shark party!
DIY Games and Activities
You don’t always have to buy games and activities to make a party a hit. Here are a few DIY activities you can do that the kids will love.
1. Walk the plank
You will need:
- 2 blue tablecloths (or table cloth roll recommended above) or a blue tarp (if not going to use skewers)
- 2 cylinder blocks (I suggest a 4 in x 8 in, but if older kids, you could do an 8 in x 8 in to make it a little higher)
- An 8-foot piece of lumber (I recommend it be 2 x 6 so it’s wider for kids)
- Pencil or marker
- Optional: Wooden or metal Skewers
- Paint or spray paint: gray (If using paint, I like to purchase the sample sizes at Lowes or Home Depot)
- Draw shark fins on the cardboard (if you are feeling extra artistic, you could also do the top half of a shark)
- Cut out the fins. If you are not using skewers, you will need to cut a slit in the bottom and add a cardboard stand so the fins stand up.
- Paint or spray paint the fins.
- If adding a skewer, once dry, glue a skewer onto the back of the cardboard cut out.
- Optional: Write on the lumber with paint (or a marker) “Walk the Plank.”
Steps to set the activity:
- Lay out the plastic tablecloths or tarp
- Lay the cylinder blocks on each side. They should be as far apart as the length of the lumber.
- Add the lumber on top of the cylinder blocks
- Tie the lumber to the cylinder blocks.
- Add the fins to the “water.”
- Have fun walking the plank!
2. Feed the Shark
You will need:
- A large cardboard box
- Gray Paint or Spray Paint
- White Paper
- Black Paper
- Balls, bean bags, socks, or other items to “feed” the shark.
- Optional: tissue paper
- Tape or Glue
- Bucket or crate
Steps to make the game:
- Use a large piece of cardboard, draw a basic shark head, and cut out the mouth.
- Paint or spray paint the shark cut out gray.
- Use the white paper to make some pointy teeth.
- Once the shark cut out is dry tape or glue the shark’s teeth to the shark’s mouth.
- Cut out 2 circles with the black paper for the eyes, then add a small white circle (one in the top left of one circle and one in the top right of the other circle).
- Tape or glue the eyes to the shark cut out.
- Optional: To feed your shark, tape tissue paper tails to plastic balls to make fish. You could also use bean bags, or you could even use rolled-up socks.
How to Play:
- Put your “fish” in a bucket
- Have kids take turns tossing the fish into the shark’s mouth.
Food Ideas for a Baby Shark Party:
I love my food, so when I throw a party, I always think about the food and usually go overboard, but at least it makes me happy! I have made birthday cakes, but I also have ordered them. Honestly, that is up to you and what you want to do. I find cakes can take a long time, so when I know I will be busy and have a lot of other things I want to make for the party, I outsource the cake or cupcakes to a local bakery or use our local grocery store as well.
Baby Shark Themed Cake
If you plan to decorate your own cake, here are some great toppers for a cake or cupcake.
- Baby Shark Happy Birthday Cake Topper
- Baby Shark Toppers for Cake or Cupcakes
- Edible Baby Shark Cake Toppers
- Plastic 3D Baby Shark Toppers
Here are some fantastic ideas if you want to hire someone to make the cake. Just give the picture to your bakery and let them work their magic. If these cakes are something you feel you can make, then props to you; that is extremely impressive. I don’t have that skill set, so I have to leave it to the experts.
Main Meal Ideas
I always like to plan the food around the party’s theme and thought these ideas would be great for kids and adults to enjoy.
1. Shark Grilled Cheese or Shark Shaped Sandwiches:
There are a couple of ways you could make Baby Shark Themed Sandwiches.
The first is to cut your sandwiches into triangles, and voila, you have a shark fin.
You could also use a baby shark cookie cutter and make your sandwich by simply using the cookie cutter to cut and shape your bread before filling them with sandwich toppings.
2. Pizza Fin Party
Order or make a round pizza and cut it into triangle slices to create shark fins!
- Fishing Pole Treats: These are adorable snacks the kiddos will love playing with while eating.
- Shark Candy Sushi: Kiddos will love this cute shark-themed candy sushi. Putting them together doesn’t take much skill or time, which is always a plus for me!
- Shark Cuterie Board: This is shark-themed and kid-friendly, making it perfect for a Baby Shark Party.
- Baby Shark Oreos: I may have a slight obsession with Oreos. So anytime I can add them to my themed party, I do. These can be served on their own, or you can add them to a cake as an edible cake topper.
- Shark Punch: This is a great fruit punch option for kids or adults. It is delicious and goes with the Baby Shark Theme so well.
Baby Shark-themed Gift Ideas:
I always love to purchase a gift that is the theme of my kid’s party. Then, throughout the year, as they play with it or we read a book about that theme, we can always share memories of the party.
- Baby Shark Melody Pad: A sound toy for a toddler. This melody pad plays 16 songs, including the famous Baby Shark song itself!
- Baby Shark Sound Book: A sound book. This sound book has 9 songs, including the famous Baby Shark song.
- Baby Shark Pillow: A plush pillow toy. I don’t know about you, but my little one is obsessed with stuffed animals and squishy toys. This is a squishy pillow in the shape of Baby Shark that is great for your little one to cuddle with!
Dress the Part for a Baby Shark Party:
I love dressing the entire family up for the party theme. The hubby luckily goes with the flow for things, so it turns out pretty cute when we are all dressed up in matching shirts. For this baby shark theme, you can even include the grandparents, which is always fun!
- Shirts for “baby” shark:
- Shirts for Mommy Shark:
- Shirts for Daddy shark:
- Shirts for Grandma Shark:
- Shirts for Grandpa Shark:
Party Favors for a Baby Shark Party:
Whether or not to give out party favors is up to you and what you want to do. The main focus of your Baby Shark party is the guests and, of course, your little one. As long as your guests are having a good time, that’s your main concern. If they’re having a great time, a party favor would just be a bonus! Here are some great ideas if you decide to go with a favor.
- Baby Shark Party Favors Kit: If you want the entire favor to be a baby shark theme and it involves minimal work on your part, then this is the perfect kit for you!
- Baby Shark Party Favor Bags: If you want to make your own favors (some ideas below) and all you need is a bag, then here are some cute baby shark bags for you!
DIY Baby Shark Party Favor Ideas
- Gummy Shark Rice Krispie Treats. These are such an adorable favor for a Baby Shark Party! They are easy to make, and you can customize them with melting chocolate, gummy sharks, and sprinkles.
- Bubbles with a Thank You sticker. Print this out (Baby Shark Thank You Label) and add it to a small container of bubbles. These make it easy to cover up the logo with your label.
Thank you Cards for a Baby Shark Party:
During the party, I typically ask a relative to write in a notebook who gave a gift and what they gave so I can write thank you’s after the party. I usually write the thank you since my kids are still young, but I do have them sign the card with some help. I also like to let them color the envelope to add a little something special to it.
- Baby Shark Fill-in Thank You Card: If you want a card that is easy to fill in, this is perfect!
- Baby Shark Thank You Card Template: If you are looking for a thank you with a baby shark theme, but you can personalize each card, then this is the one for you. This is a digital download, so you will either have to print at home or order from a print shop like Staples or CVS.
I hope all these wonderful ideas help you with your Baby Shark-themed birthday party!