Photo: Party City
Kids and grownups love superhero-themed birthday parties, and for a good reason! If your birthday person asks for an Avenger’s birthday party, you’re in luck. Marvel’s blockbuster Avengers trilogy made such huge waves that you can easily make or buy all the decor, games, and gifts you could possibly want based on the famous superhero team.
Another fun thing about an Avengers-themed birthday party is that you can take it in so many directions. For example, you can decorate using the classic letter-A Avengers team logo or celebrate a particular superhero like the Hulk or Spiderman. Plus, the Avenger’s team includes powerful female superheroes like Black Widow, She-Hulk, Captain Marvel, and the Scarlet Witch, perfect for your daughter and her friends!
For those of you who do not obsessively watch each new Marvel TV show and movie, check out this quick list of the most popular Avenger team members: Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Spiderman, Black Panther, Scarlet Witch, Captain Marvel, She-Hulk, and Ant-Man.
Avengers Birthday Party Invitation and Thank You Note Ideas
While there is nothing wrong with sending a quick Facebook message to all the moms in your friend group as party invites, you can really get the party off on a good foot by sending out themed Avengers invitations. Don’t forget to use the traditional “Avengers, Assemble!” somewhere on the card!
- This pack of Avengers-themed retro-style cards works as an invitation or a thank-you note.
- If you want to make a fancy personalized card, watch this tutorial from Ellie Rose Party Design to learn how to design a card on your computer!
- If your Avengers party focuses on a particular superhero like Captain Marvel, you can also find invitations and thank-you notes like these.
- You can also order an editable template that you can print on your own at home or at a local print store, like CVS or Staples.
Avengers Birthday Party Decoration Ideas
When you decorate for an Avengers birthday party, you have so many options to choose from. You can stick with a generic red and gold or red-white-and-blue theme, or pick out one special Avenger like the Hulk or Black Widow and use that hero’s color scheme instead.
- One of the best ways to turn your home into a festive superhero space is to use balloons. You can make a red, white, and blue balloon arch, hang themed superhero balloons like these, or decorate superhero balloons yourself. This tutorial from Sravs Kitchen and Crafts gives tips on making your own Spiderman balloons.
- If you prefer one-stop shopping, this decoration kit comes with a banner, tableware for sixteen guests, and a cake topper, among other fun items!
- For a fantastic photo booth, hang a backdrop like this one. Or make your own Avengers cityscape backdrop by following this tutorial from Tabitha Cutshaw.
- Of course, the Avengers come from a long history of comic books, so you can also go all-out with comic book word bubbles, like the classic “POW!” or “Bam!” you see in the comics. You can buy signs online or make your own by watching a tutorial like this one from Makerart.
Avengers Birthday Party Costume Ideas
One great way to bring an Avengers birthday party to life is to turn it into a costume party! Invite all your guests to come dressed as their favorite Avengers. And of course, you will want to make or buy a costume for your own special birthday person to wear, too. You can even go a little overboard and wear a matching costume yourself if you want.
- You can buy costumes for any Avenger, like this She-Hulk bodysuit for girls or this Iron Man suit for boys.
- For older kids, you can put together a “costume” out of clothing you already have. For the Scarlet Witch, pair black leggings with a black dress, a red jacket, and ankle boots. For Spiderman, match a sleeveless red hoodie with a blue long-sleeved tee, blue pants, and a little puff paint to add a logo.
- Another simple way to dress as your favorite Avenger is to use spray paint to add a logo to a t-shirt. You can watch this tutorial from TulipColorCrafts to learn how to spray paint t-shirts with stencils.
- For little kids, you can’t go wrong with a superhero cape and mask! You can learn how to make a no-sew superhero cape from Make and Takes here.
Avengers Birthday Party Cake Ideas
The true superhero of any birthday party food table is the cake. You want to see your birthday person’s face light up as they get ready to blow out the candles and hear everyone ooh and ahh as they gather around the cake to sing Happy Birthday.
- For the easiest DIY Avenger’s birthday cake, decorate a round layer cake with plain white icing. Then make red and blue circles on top using M&Ms to look like Captain America’s shield.
- For another time-saving Avenger’s cake idea, make a batch of cupcakes (or buy them from your local grocery store bakery if you don’t have time!) and put a swirl of frosting on top. Then, plunk one of these cute Avenger figurines on top of each cupcake, and give your guests a favor and a cute cake!
- If you have a little more time, find out which Avenger your birthday person likes best. Then decorate a themed cake starring that superhero. For example, coat an oval cake with red icing and add black lines to make Spiderman’s face. Watch this brief tutorial from Cool Cake Master to learn how.
- For older kids, you could also host a cake pop decorating station and teach everyone how to decorate a cake pop like their favorite Avenger! Check out this tutorial from Frost It Easy to get some cake pop tips and tricks.
Avengers Birthday Party Food Ideas
You want to wow your kids with super food for an Avenger’s birthday party, not regular food!
- You can’t go wrong with any food in patriotic red, white and blue colors to honor the Avengers. For example, try making patriotic candy-coated popcorn as a tasty treat. Watch this tutorial from Prep-Ahead Meals to learn how.
- Who doesn’t love a pizza party? Dress up your pizza by arranging pepperonis in the superhero symbol of all your favorite Avengers or even in the classic letter A that stands for the whole team!
- Make tasty black widow “spiders” by sticking bits of licorice in the sides of the Oreos. For added fanciness, trace the iconic red hourglass on each oreo.
- If your kids like simple food, cut out sandwich squares using the fillings you know your kids and guests will like. Then insert half of a pretzel stick in the bottom of the sandwich to make Thor’s hammer.
- For a unique Avenger’s party, why not host a waffle bar complete with whipped cream, berries, and fun syrups to pile on top of waffles made in this cool Marvel Waffle Maker? The birthday kid and all your guests will love eating waffles stamped with Captain America’s shield and Thor’s hammer!
Avengers Birthday Party Game Ideas
When you have a house full of excited young superheroes, you want to have plenty of games and activities prepped to keep them occupied!
- Set up a shooting range and take aim at classic Marvel villains. Give your guests superhero “weapons,” such as a nerf bow for Hawkeye’s bow or a frisbee for Captain America’s shield. Then print out pics of classic Marvel villains like Red Skull, Ultron, and Loki and tape them to soda bottles partially filled with sand to make the targets.
- If you don’t like arts and crafts, you can also buy premade games like this cute bean bag toss outdoor game.
- For a quieter group of kids, set up a crafting station and teach everyone how to make a superhero mask out of felt. This tutorial from Crafting Princesses will give you all the help you need.
If you like making things, you can also easily craft a “Hulk smash” board for eager little fists to crash into! All you need is a bunch of tiny prizes to put inside plastic Solo cups, a foam board, and green tissue paper. Learn how to make your own smash board here!
Avengers Birthday Party Gift Ideas
Whether you want a gift for your own special birthday boy or girl, or you need to bring a gift to an Avengers birthday party for someone else, check out these top ten ideas for the perfect birthday gift for an Avengers fan!
- Give the gift of Marvel’s many movies and TV shows with a DisneyPlus subscription. Yes, this one comes with a hefty price tag of $79.99 for a one-year subscription, but it is a thoughtful gift for sure. You can read more about how to purchase a subscription as a gift here.
- You can find many amazing Lego Avenger kits. These range in price from more expensive kits like this Iron Man Armor Building Kit at $59 to this small Hulk truck kit at just $20.
- For game lovers, give a Marvel-themed game like this Marvel Uno deck or Ravensburger’s popular Marvel board game Villainous for older kids.
- Believe it or not, many Marvel action figurines sell for over $700 on the collectible toy market! But you can still find plenty of affordable toys to gift to your favorite Marvel fan, like this action-hero adventure set or this cool Black Widow figure with accessories.
- If you need an Avengers-themed gift for a family member, check out this adorable set of matching Marvel sleep sets!
- For older girls, these fancy Avengers makeup brushes will be a big hit.
- Kids of all ages will love this 3D night light featuring Iron Man, the Black Panther, and Captain America. But let’s be honest, any grown-up Marvel fan would love that gift, too!
- What eager young superhero wouldn’t love these two-way radios themed with Iron Man and Captain America?
- If you want the perfect Avengers gift for a girl, try this Avengers charm bracelet or this empowering female superhero book called Powers of a Girl.
- For a small, thoughtful gift to an Avengers fan, check out this pack of Avengers fidget toys shaped like Thor’s Hammer, Captain America’s shield, and more.
Avengers Birthday Party Favor Ideas
Give all your guest something special as a thank-you by putting together Avengers-themed party favors.
- The easiest way to get party favors for a lot of guests is to order a complete kit of Marvel-themed trinkets like this. This party favor may not have a personal touch, but little ones will love receiving their own superhero mask and stickers.
- For a more creative party favor, set up a table near the door with several big glass jars. Put a different color of candy in each jar, like green hard candy for the Hulk and red licorice for Ironman. Then, as your guests prepare to leave, ask them to fill a small candy bag as a party favor. If you want to go all-out, you can hand everyone these cute favor bags!
- If you want to give your guests something handmade, buy a set of tiny plastic frisbees and print out round superhero symbols to attach. Your guests can play with the “shields” and enjoy their favorite hero’s logo.
Putting together an Avengers party is super easy with the tips listed in this article! You can start off with Marvel-themed invites and then plan your decor around a patriotic theme or select an individual Avenger like Captain Marvel or Spiderman to use for a decor theme. Once you pick your color scheme, you can focus on fun food like Avengers Cake Pops or even superhero waffles.
Of course, no party is complete without games and activities. Try games like taking aim at a villain shooting gallery or activities like making felt superhero masks to wear. Finally, check out our list of the top ten gifts for an Avengers fan to pick the perfect gift as the cherry on top of this awesome Avengers birthday party!
Have you ever hosted a superhero-themed party? What activities or decor did you like best?